The mission of Shivers Cancer Foundation is to help cancer patients in Central Texas by supporting:
- The planning, development and operation of high quality, multidisciplinary and well coordinated treatment capacity in Central Texas that is accessible by all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Cancer screening and early detection programs in Central Texas.
- Cancer research in Central Texas.
- The training and education in Central Texas of physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals with respect to the care and treatment of cancer patients.
- The development and delivery of ancillary services to cancer patients in Central Texas, including patient navigation and assistance, hospice and homecare, and blood products.